Winter Wonderland?

31

Posted by debbiestephens | Posted in Sharing Ideas | Posted on January 29, 2014

snow

There are so many stories from yesterday and today about Atlanta’s snow problems. Share your family’s story here! I hope we are all warm and safe at home this morning:)

Comments (31)

Yesterday was a day of adventure. We braved the roads and sat in traffic for hours. The roads were slippery and people were driving crazy. There were many accidents but we made it home safely.

When I got home I played in the snow. I had a snow ball fight and I made snow angels that looked like snow eagles. I shoveled the snow and then had hot cocoa. The best part was letting the snowflakes fall on to my tongue.

I hope that everyone is safe and warm in their house and enjoying the day off school. Happy snow day!

Yesterday, the snow finally settled on the ground. My brother and I had a blast playing in the snow. We built a snow castle and had snowball battles. We enjoyed hot coca and watched the snow pile up outside.
Unfortunately, when my dad was coming home the icy roads made it hard for him to get home, so he parked his car and walked all the way to his colleagues house. My dad hasn’t come home yet, but I’m happy that he is in the warmth of a house. Today we’re planning to go outside and have another day of fun in this winter wonderland.

I hope everyone made it home safely yesterday, and is having a happy snow day.

When I got home yesterday,, 1 of our cars was covered with snow completely. My brothers and I immediately went outside to play in the snow. we made our own Olaf, from FROZEN, had a snowball fight, and made snow angels. My mom is still in Chicago, where it is snowing even more, but she is fine. I can’t believe it snowed at all here.

I hope everyone made it home safely.

I heard that a public school bus was literally stranded on the highway yesterday. The kids were even stranded in there! Besides that, I have seen people sleding and tubing on the snowed golf course. I also went out to throw some snowballs for fun, praticing my aiming at targets. The funny thing is, when I touch snow on a object that I think is supposed to be hard to take off, it is very light that I could brush it off. At the same time, I can and can’t wait for school to begin again!

As soon as I came home from school, I went outside to play. We tried making a snowman, that did not work out so well. I ended up making a huge pile and having an exciting snowball fight with my sister and dad. This morning, I found two deer in my backyard. We were watching them carefully for fifteen minutes. It was my brothers first time experiencing real snow and didn’t like it because it was super cold. I heard on TV that students were still stuck at school till midnight last night and I felt bad for them. Thanks to Woodward for announcing an early release.

My brother and I did the same thing Naheen. It was very sad that the snow was too powdery to make a snowman. My brother and I also had an amazing snowball fight. When I was watching the news, I learned that some parents hiked six miles to retrieve their kids from their school. I hope they all got home safely now.

I am so glad you arrived home safely. Snow days are opportunities to go outside and play and to read a great book!

For my snow day I did not go out,. I hope to go out today. I wish i could go out yesterday but my sisters had my coat. I hope to go out and have fun today.

We drove for three hours to reach my house. Then we made a snowman and named it Olaf as Destiny did. My friend wanted to name it Steve from Minecraft. We drank hot chocolate and had a snowball fight.

When I woke up in the morning I ate blueberry pancakes and spam then I played for a bit.We went into the snow at my cousins house and we had a snowball fight.We drank hot chocolate afterwords.My uncle drove me partly to my house because there were a bunch of cars blocking the road.When I got home we went to the golf course in the backyard and i had two wipe outs I hope I can do it again soon.

During the snow day I did not go out. Well, I haven’t gone outside my neighborhood. I did go outside yesterday, and I made snow angels, one-tenth of a snowman, and I rode my sled with my dad. My mom did become a little mad after seeing how our neighbors had sled down on our lawn. This morning I had caught a cold though from yesterday, for I had taken a pill. I now feel much better as if I never had a cold. Also, my mom was worried when my dad had gone out for work because of all the car accidents happening. There is an inconvenient hill not too far away from our house. My mom was surprised to see that icicles were hanging under one of our cars. My family is extremely happy that snow had finally stuck to the ground. I think the last time this has happened was about three or four years.

Yesterday my dad had wait for two and half hours in traffic, and he was lucky. I called him about three-thirty and it took his twenty minuets to drive one-forth of a mile. About this time my sister called and my dad deiced to pick her up first. The rout to my sister’s school did not have close to as many car as the one to mine. Ones my dad picked up my sister he want a different rout to my school. All was going well untie a police said that the road is closed. Then my dad had to make a U-turn and go let a anther way to my school. My dad finally reached my school only about two hours late.

Yesterday, the snow storm was a disaster. For about four to ten hours on the highway, many people parked their car on the side and walked home. Several buses were loaded with students and did not to their destination. Families were waiting for the phone to ring by their family members on the highways. This all happen because of the snow storm. Luckily, our school let us early release. Even though I didn’t play outside, I was still glad I was able to stay home with my family and keep warm.

Yesterday I was one if the first people to leave from school. I did not get stuck in traffic. My mom and I picked up pizza and went home in under twenty-five minutes. As soon as I went home I changed and waited for the snow to increase. As son as the snow was up to in an inch I went outside with my sister. We had a snowball fight, and we built a fort. We came inside and had hot coco. Then we went outside again to use my sled on our drive way. It was super fun!

I was very fortunate and left the school before traffic picked up and made it home in 20 minutes. Sadly, I couldn’t go out and play on Tuesday because I felt a sick but I played a little on Wednesday and made snowballs and drank hot chocolate. I feel bad for all the people who were in traffic for 17 hours and really bad for all the students who had to sleep at school.

I am glad school was released early because the roads quickly became covered with ice. I was stuck in school until 2:00 P.M. because my parents were stuck in traffic and not able to pick my sister and I up. My uncle picked us up instead. My dad was able to make it home, but my mom was stuck in traffic. She was driving our electric car. Afterr driving for three hours she ran into a problem. The car was almost out of gas. Because of this, my mom could not turn on the heat in the car. My mom had to park the car and wait inside a building for four hours before the traffic cleared up. It then took her another hour and a half to come back home.

On Tuesday, it took me about forty minutes to get home instead of fifteen, which is how long it usually takes. When I got home, I had a snowball fight withe my sister. Then, my sister and I had a snowball fight. After that, I went over to my friend’s house and sledded on a really big hill. Yesterday, I went sledding on and even bigger and steeper hill. It hurt a lot when I fell off of the sled and tumbled down the rest of the hill, but it was still fun. I hope that all of the kids that are stuck in school get home safely.

I was happy that school was released early because the roads were frozen.My dad took me home and I did my homework. After homework,I played outside for few minutes.Later my dad received a call from my babysitter ,that my brother Rohan and his friend were stuck in traffic.It took them nine hours to get home.Imagine being a babysitter as parent with two special needs kids stuck in traffic for hours!It was a nightmare for all of us!
The next day, it was a fun day. I got to eat warm food every meal and play outside with my friends.We,rode on sleds and the exciting part was when we all hit a tree stump and flew on the sleds.

Yesterday was very eventful for my family. We played in the snow with our neighbors and had sled races with each other. After a long day of playing in the snow and sledding, we went in the house and had a big, sweet mug of hot chocolate. I was delicious! Also, it took my dad 3 tries to make it completely to his work. The roads in my neighborhood were completely iced over.

Day before yesterday (January 28th) I came home early from school at 2 pm. I came home ,did some chores and then had some free time. That is when I had a blast! I called my Mom outside and she came. My plan sort of worked, right when my mom set foot outside I threw a snowball ..and then my Mom and I had a snowball fight – it was fun! Then my family and I sat near the fireplace and read our books. The next morning my Dad said “Let’s build a snowman “, I said there’s not enough snow, to which my Dad replied “there’s always enough snow!”. So I ended up building 2 snowmen – one was tiny about a foot tall and the other one was about 3 feet tall! I saw the roads and they looked icy and unsafe for driving. Later that night, we went for dinner to my neighbor’s house.I miss my school , teachers and friends , but I enjoyed being at home at the same time….I call my adventure FROZEN!

Our snow day was an interesting day for traffic. We got home quickly and safely but for my father, not so much. He left his office at about four, so with traffic, I expected him home in an hour or so. But that was not the case traffic had been so bad, that four hours later at 8:00, my father was only a mile from his office. He said that he parked his car on the side of the road, walked to Waffle House, ate, and even took a nap in his car before he made it home at 3:00, not that I was awake long enough to see him back

On Tuesday my brother and I got home close to the usual time it takes us to, but my father and uncle were stuck in tons of traffic. My father works forty minutes away, but instead it took him 2 1/2 hours. My uncle works an hour away, but there was so much snow and traffic he left at 1:00 p.m., but didn’t get to his house until 10:00 a.m. It took him twenty-one hours. On Wednesday, the first thing I did when I woke up was run to the window and check how much snow was there. The snow didn’t stick to our frozen pond, but it looked like there was a bed sheet on our pool. The snow made a cool design and was very thick on the patio furniture.

Hope everyone has an awesome snow-filled six day long weekend!

I’m surprised we are out again tomorrow, but I have enjoyed having time to work on my rug hooking hobby. I had just finished a project, and I now have time to make new patterns and prepare for my next project. I hope you are all making the best use of your “free” time with hobbies and/or reading. See you Monday!

I left school and tried getting home on the shorter of two paths that involved a hill. However, someone had been going so fast that they drove off the Korda and two other cars blocked the lane. Then we had to turn around and go the long way and eventually made it home. We also needed to go to the store for provisions and got stuck in traffic going up a hill because of a car that had bad traction and blocked the lane for 15-20 minutes. He was freed by some people who helped push his car out of the way eventually I made it back home safe and sound.

Wow…it sounds like we all can be very thankful! I have been glued to the news watching the traffic reports and backstories that have come out Wednesday and Thursday. At the end of the street in my neighborhood, a middle school bus was stuck at MIDNIGHT with 15 students on it! These students and their bus driver were very brave! It was neat seeing lots of folks rally for them and bring food, water, and blankets. Another bus arrived to take students still stranded to their homes.

I look forward to seeing you all next week! Enjoy your mini-vacation!

Mrs. Adolph

I spent the day sled riding at my neighbors house.
We had a really good time. We took my dog Diesel out to play in the snow. He loved it. When he would run and try and stop he would slide across the ice. It made us all laugh really hard.

The day the snowstorm hit the Atlanta area, it was a traffic nightmare for my parents. I had to be picked up from school by my friend’s mom because my parents were stuck in traffic in two different parts of the metro area. My Mom was stuck in Roswell, and my dad was held up in downtown Atlanta. My Mom was contacting me, telling me that she was on her way. She arrived two hours later. I wasn’t worried because I was able to play outside in the snow with my friend. Once we made it home, I let my dog outside. He loved the snow! But, we started to worry about my dad who was still on the highway. I watched the news and saw a bunch of chaos on the highway. My mom and I knew that my dad would be a while. At 7:30, he returned home. He had driven seven hours in the snow. It would normally take him 40 minutes. The snow was very fun to play with, but not to drive in.

This has been a wonderful mini break, almost like an early spring break – but in the middle of winter. Tuesday was a tough day because even though the school was let out early, it took my Dad almost 2 hours to get to us – and his office is only 7 miles from WN. My Mom was stuck at Emory for more than 3 hours as all the roads there were blocked. But luckily, we all finally reached home and were warm and safe and were able to spend the night in our own home. I feel so bad for the kids who were stranded away from their parents.
But after that, we had an amazing time. We stayed at home, played in the snow, made a snowman (Olaf), had snow ball fights. Khushi made a snow angel and we played with our neighbors – Harrison and Claire. We had to change our clothes 3 times as they kept getting wet. When we ran out of gloves, we started using extra socks for gloves! We played outside for 5 hours and when we came in, we had hot chocolate. It was a very exciting day!

I hope everyone reached safely!
My mini-winter break wasn’t anything all that exciting. My dad, my mom, and I reached home safely without a problem. My dad decided not to go to work on Tuesday when he checked the weather. On Wednesday, I watched the news and learned that a father of a child walked six miles to see his daughter in school. After that I went outside and played in the snow. While I was playing, I was thinking about what people might be going through during the catastrophe. One of my dad’s employees had to stay in traffic for thirteen hours till he reached home.
Again, I hope everyone reached safely on that day and I pray that this won’t happen again.
See you guys this Monday! (hopefully)

My family had quite an adventure trying to get home. My sister spent over 9 hours on her bus getting home. Luckily, my dad decided not to go to work that day. My mom and I spent 4 hours in the car trying to get home and got stuck in our hilly neighborhood 3 times. My Aunt drove to Atlanta from Alabama. She said in took her more than 24 hours non-stop. I felt so bad for her. I hope non of this happened to any of you. My sister and I had a ton of fun in the snow. Our pool had about 5 inches of ice and our water slide had a bunch of snow. We slid down the slide until the ice got a crack. My sister got to take photos of the snow for her honors art class. We also made a eight foot snow-man, literally, but it melted before we could take pics of it. See you on Monday.

When I went to bed on Wednesday and woke up on Thursday I thought I was dreaming when I saw the snow. I went out of my room got my snow gear ready and ate breakfast. I had to wait for my mom to wake up because my dad had to work. When we went outside in the golf course in our backyard. We went sledding,made a snowman, and had a snowball fight. When we went in we had hot chocolate.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar