Palindrones, stoppers, and time zones, OH MY!!

25

Posted by debbiestephens | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on August 19, 2012

How can we thank Mr. Evans for visiting with our class yesterday? It was such a treat to hear that Mr. Evans said that Adam was much like him as a boy! What did you learn from our Skype visit on Friday afternoon?

Comments (25)

One of the things I liked about M.V.P is that it is suspenseful. Adam tries to do some thing and he almost fails. It also has daring actions. Like when Adam and Meredith escape from a detention center with no cellphone, no A.T.M card, no credit card, and no G.P.S.

Teja I think you are right I also thought there was a lot of suspense I liked that also about MVP

I really enjoyed Mr.Evan’s book MVP. I enjoyed it because there was a lot of clever tactics, silly mistakes, and suspense. My favorite part was when Adam escaped from Baron Von Sheepsbottom in North America. I earned a lot of things I didn’t know. For example I did not know all those different time zones. I got so absorbed in MVP that I felt like I had traveled the world with Adam. I like this book a lot and I will read it again and again. I’m sure all of Mr. Evans’ books are good also I can’t wait to read them.

Thank you so much for sharing about the book Mr. Evans. My favorite part was knowing your other to books such as Elevator and Teachers Island and that you write poems. I also enjoyed knowing why you wrote the book M.V.P

Thank you Mr. Evans for Skyping with us on Friday. I had a great time getting to know about. I found out a lot of things like you being a teacher. MVP was a very exciting adventure book and I even read it twice. The new book you talked about seemed very interesting too. If MVP becomes a movie I would definitely go see it. I really appreciate the time you took to come and Skype with us. It was very nice.

It was so good even I read it twice

I agree with you Errington MVP is a fantastic book and I think think that I would read it twice if I could . I really like your blog.

Mr.Evans, thank you for that fantastic Skype it was interesting listening to you telling us about how you use to be a teacher and how you became a writer. It was very cool when you told us that Adam was a representation of you. We can tell you love geography because you told us how you traveled all over the world and saw many different places. You are a great writer because MVP is a spontaneous book full of adventures I can’t wait to read your other books.

Mr. Evans Thank You for having a Skype session with my class last Friday. It was so much fun! I learned so much about MVP and you. I did not know that you wrote poems or if you were a teacher! Once again Thank You
and I appreciate your time.

I didn’t even know that Mr.Evans liked poems too and I did not know that he used to be a teacher.Great blog Naman!!

Dear Mr.Evans,
Thank you for having a wonderful Skype Session with us. We had so much fun learning about the book you wrote, MVP. I never knew that you wrote poems too. You have written many other great books too. I wish you luck on making MVP a movie.

Thank you Mr.Evans for skyping us and telling us about you life. I was so happy to meet you.MVP is one of my favorite books ever and i am planning to read all your other books you’ve written. Its pretty cool that you traveled around the world in less than 40 days. When you where young you where just like adam. I wouldn’t expect your to be a teacher when you are writing a lot of books. I think MVP is a great book for all ages.Thanks for sky ping us again.

Chase I like your blog , everything about it is true. I missed the Skype so I did not know that he traveled around the world

That was an awesome blog Chase one of the best.

The Skype session with Mr. Evan was really awesome and fun. It was a great oppurtunity to meet him. MVP was one of the most amazing and wonderfully detailed book I have ever read. I am definitely going to read his other books The Elevator People and Apple Island. They sound like amazing books. I never knew Mr. Evans wrote poetry. I also never knew he was a teacher. That is so cool. I am definitely going to read MVP again because it was such a great book. The Skype session was a ton of fun! 🙂

Thank you Mr. Evans for telling us about your life. It`s pretty cool you have been around the world in less than 40 days too bad you didn`t win anything, Adam got really rich and you waisted money for flying across the world. You are lucky you been to most of the countries I only been all the way to right here in the US. I like that you are like Adam because you traveled around the world like Adam and I think I found a shorter route. The route is he started at San Francisco and then go to a bus that takes you to Georgia then take a boat to South Africa go to Iraq then go to China then go to Japan and then take a boat to Los Angeles and go to San Francisco and your done. Thank you for skyping.

Thank you Mr. Evans for telling us about your life. It`s pretty cool you have been around the world in less than 40 days too bad you didn`t win anything, Adam got really rich and you waisted money for flying across the world. You are lucky you been to most of the countries I only been all the way to right here in the US. I like that you are like Adam because you traveled around the world like him and I think I found a shorter route. The route is he started at San Francisco and then go to a bus that takes you to Georgia then take a boat to South Africa go to Iraq then go to China then go to Japan and then take a boat to Los Angeles and go to San Francisco and your done. Thank you for skyping.

Thank you for sharing your time with my class durring the Skype session yesterday. I was one of the photographer for my class when we were skyping you. I thought that it was fascinating that MVP was also printed in Chinese and Korean languages. I thought that it was neat that you also write poems as well. It was interesting to know that you were also a teacher once. Iam going to read all of your other books.

I loved the skype session with Mr. Evans, but I loved the book also. He described everything so much detail and thats one of there reasons I loved the book.When I saw Adams wish list I got so interested in the places on the wish list. China and Japan are my favorite countries. I love the book MVP and I hope I get to read more of Mr.Evans books. 🙂

Thank you so much Mr.Evans, I enjoyed the Skype a lot. I got interested in the book The Elevator People. I also thought that was interesting that you were a teacher and that you ilk geography like Adam. Thank you so much for spending your time with us at Woodward.

Thank you Mr. Evans for spending your time with all of us here at Woodward North. We really enjoyed hearing that you have written other books that we can all read. We are glad that you wrote MVP for us all to learn more about the world and also for teaching us to be careful if we travel alone. We really had fun with your book and are all looking forward to hearing how next years’s Skype visit with the next years Woodward North Students goes!

I love learning that Mr. Evans is a teacher and learning about his other books. He seemed very kind.The Skype session with Mr. Evans was awesome. I think the character Baron von Sheepbottom is a really good villain. I think the book MVP teaches kids about geography in a fun way.

Dear Mr. Evans

I loved MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for skyping with the fourth grade.
I was so happy to meet you.
I love how you put palindromes in the book.
I would love to meet you in person.
I love geography and I like to travel like Adam.

Hi this is ALiya from 6th grade. I wanted to say that I loved MVP. It was one of my favorite books I ever read.

You are so sweet to share with the fourth graders!

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar