Letters, Emails, Facebook, Texts

29

Posted by debbiestephens | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on January 31, 2013

Communication began to fly after Jack punched Julian! What was the author trying to talk to us about in this chapter? Was there a message here? Who do you feel sorry for and why?

Comments (29)

I think that the possible message of the chapter was that even though friends may fight and ignore eachother, they can still become friends again. Even though Jack had talked badly about Auggie, when they texted they sorted everything out.
I felt sorry for Jack because he had no idea about what he said and I don’t believe that he even ment to say the things he did about August.

I totally agree nice job, Christian!

I totally agree great post christian!! Explained the who thing!!:)

I toatally agree that commuicattion flew after Jack punch Julian in the mouth! I couldn’t believe that everyone turned on Jack because of what Julian said that wasn’t even true! I though the message was to do the right thing, even if your standing alone. Follow your heart, and don’t believe what you hear because it may not be true. I thought that Jack was very brave when he punched Julian. Jack was just sticking up for August, and he was tired of Julian saying mean things about Auggie that wasn’t true! I feel a sorry for August because people say and do mean things to him behind his back, but I think Auggie knows some of the things they say or do. I was happy that Jack and Auggie became friends again. It made me happy that they weren’t “ex friends” anymore. It was one of my favorite parts that I read tonight!

I totally agree!

I agree

I think that the author was trying to say that no matter what happens communication or “gossip” is still going to happen. The message that speaks volumes to me is stand up for what you believe in. I feel sorry for Jack and Auggie. I feel sorry for Jack because a mother of one of the students at the school that he attends, is trying very hard to get Jack expelled. I feel sorry for Auggie because now not only does he have people at school thinking of him being the kid with disabilities, a mom thinks this also. It makes my night knowing how strong Auggie is. Even with what one of his best friends say about him.

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
Elbert Hubbard

My best friend in wishing me well wishes for my sake.
Arostotle

The first made me think of Jack. He is aware of Auggies face and still is not afraid to be friends with him.

The second quote makes me think of Auggie. Even though Jack didn’t say that he was wishing that him and Auggie would be friends again, I think that he was wishing that they would become friends again for Auggies sake because he didn’t want him to be alone.

Do you ever think that if your friend said something similar to what Jack said about Auggie you would be able to forgive him/her? I know that I probably wouldn’t be able too.

I think the message in the chapter was that friends may fight, they can always come back being friends again. When Jack didn’t mean to talk bad about Auggie. They just texted everything and everything worked out. I feel bad for Jack he didn’t even mean and no idea what he had said and when he figured it out he felt so terrible. He was lucky that Auggie and him are friends again.

The message I got from these chapters was that you shouldn’t physically take your feelings out but emotionally. He should have explained to Julian why he has been upset and why August hasn’t been talking to him. I’m not trying to be mean, but I don’t feel bad for anyone. Not saying I would have punched Julian, but saying that Jack finally stood up for August to Julian. I’m definitely glad Jack and August are friends again. They were very good friends. I would have done it a different way, but I’m fine with the way they did it. Julian needs to be seen by his real personality to see who he really is on the inside so no one else gets hurt from him.

“Be yourself, not who friends want you to be.”
-Unknown

Well said, Ava! Good job!!!

I think that the author was trying to say us that if you and your friend had a fight, and if you are truly sorry as Jack was, then you will make up. Auggie was very forgiving when Jack was texting him. That’s just the type of person he is. They are both very strong, Jack doesn’t hang out with Auggie just because Mr. Tushman told him to, he hangs out with him because he likes Auggie. Jack didn’t know why he had said all those mean things about Auggie, he just wanted to be thought of as cool, not the weirdo that hangs out with Auggie. Popularity makes you do things that you don’t mean to do. I feel sorry for Jack. He had lost Auggie’s friendship. When they made up, I was happy for Jack because Auggie forgave him and they could have gone back to the way things were.

“The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote reminds me of Jack because when he didn’t know why Auggie was mad at him, he felt as if he had no friends. I absolutely love this quote!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I think that this chapter said that lots of friends make mistakes but that doesn’t mean that their friendship is over u can mend the problems and solve them together. No one is perfect we all make mistakes in the world. This chapter is all about apology and acceptance. I think that it is very important to make up with the friends that u have either lost or made a mistake with because i love all of my friends and i would not even dream of a world without friends that care and except you for you.

If we get knocked down we can get right back up and go after and accomplish what you want in life.

– Me

Don’t live life with regrets, leave those behind and keep on going with the future.

-Me

Live life like it was your last because you don’t know what fait has in store for u.

I agree with Catherine in thinking Jack was was very brave to punch Julian right in the mouth, but what Julian said was rude. I do not think Principal Tushman should have suspended him because, in my opinion, Jack did the right think. There was a lot of communication when Jack punched Julian. I felt really bad for Jack because he was suspended just because he did not want to tell Mr.Tushman what Julian had said. At first, I was slightly confused about who was writing which email and who was receiving it. I think the message that the author was trying to get across was to stand up for what you believe. I still feel sorry for Auggie because middle school is a little tough for him. But, he has Jack and Summer to depend on now, and I’m glad that Jack and August made up. If I were Auggie, I probably would not have forgiven Auggie, and given him the cold shoulder, but thats just me! I love this book and I can’t wait until tomorrow!

I think the author is trying to tell us that if you are a real friend to someone, then you will stand up for them. I also think that even adults are mean. For example,
Julian’s parents cut Auggie out of the class picture. That is just not right. I also think it is unfair that he has to be discriminated because of his face. In the story, Jack feels that he was just being nice to him at first but then he really liked him as a person. I feel sorry for Jack because Everybody’s acting as if he has some kind of disease.

During the communication between Jack and August set things right again. The author was trying to tell us that friendship is strong and whether things are good or bad in the end things will turn out just fine. There were messages that explained the true friendship between August and Jack. I felt sorry for Jack because he got suspended for punching Julian in the mouth and he didn’t know August heard him talking about him. I can’t wait to see Justin’s point of view of the story tommorow.

I think this chapter was saying people make mistakes.I think Julian deserved to get punched! This chapter was about apologizing and accepting people. I learned that is the parent is mean the child is going to act the same! I couldn’t believe what Jillian’s mom said. I feel sorry for jack. He has mist of the grade ignoring him!I knew from the beginning he wasn’t going to leave Auggie!

The message here is that Jack stuck to his guns about his feelings about August even though he feels bad about punching Julian. He is like his parents and Julian is like his parents. Kids learn these bad behaviors from their parents. But even when everyone turned on him, he still decided to be Auggie’s friend. He is the bigger person. I feel sorry for Jack because he was put in a hard situation.

I think the author was trying to tell us that true friends stay friends, even if they get into a fight. I think the message was that people should always stand up for a friend, like when Jack Will punched Julian. I don’t really feel sorry for anyone. Jack was only standing up for Auggie, and Julian deserved a punch in the face. I guess I feel a little bit sorry for Auggie, but only because he doesn’t know what’s going on.
“I’m going to smile like nothing is wrong, talk like everything is perfect, act like it’s all a dream, and pretend that nothing is hurting me.” -unknown
This made me think of Auggie because this what he does and makes the best of everything.
“it’s not my problem if they think I’m weird.” -Sid Vicious

I think that the relation ship between August and Jack is starting to get better and I feel hat Jack punched Julian in the mouth because he was sticking up for August when Julian was being rude to August. I liked how August and Jack talked and explained to each other what happened and then became friends again. Sometimes when I get into fights with my friends, I wish I would talk to them, be brave like August, and then we would be friends again.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think the message in this chapter said friends should stick up for friends no matter what. Like Julia said, I don’t really feel sorry for anyone. I just think Jack Will was standing up for Auggie. I didn’t think he meant for the “fight” to go that far.

“Fall down seven times, stand up eight.”

I love this quote Sydney!!! Good job!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

If you have a true friend, you know you can laugh all the time, get in arguments, and at the same time, have a serious conversation. If you are also true friends with that person, you can get in a fight, and come back to being best friends again. When Jack and Auggie were texting each other, you could tell that at first Auggie was not too excited to be talking to Jack, but then he realized that Jack was sincerely sorry and wanted to be friends again. Jack was in a tough decision that a lot of kids might have been in before, Jack wanted to act cool around Julian, but remembered that Auggie was a true friend and Julian wasn’t. Julian doesn’t understand why Jack is hanging out with him, but Jack is the better person because he actually gave Auggie a chance, and knows that he is a normal kid.

I agree.

I think the message in this chapter is that friends fight and have trouble sometimes, but you can fix it by talking it out or in this case texting or emailing. Sme people that you think are your friend may be just acting.I feel bad for Jack and Auggie because Auggie was definitely upset when he heard Jack. Sometimes words just slip out. I feel bad for Jack because now people at school don`t like him.

Awesome job!

Sorry that wasn`t suppose to reply to me.

I agree that the communication began to fly after Jack punched Julian. I don’t think that Jack meant to punch Julian it just came out of him if you know what I mean. I made me mad because Julian was the mean person and Jack was getting in trouble. I think Jack should have told Mr.Tushman the truth about what really happened. This book is really great I can’t waited to read more!

I agree there many messages in Jack’s part. I think the author is trying to tell us that people can get into fights without actually meaning to. I think Jack didn’t mean to hit Julian, but he did it to defend Auggie. In this part I felt bad for Auggie and Jack also. I felt bad for Auggie because at the begging of the school year no one was really his friend. People would stare and whisper about his. Also because Mr. Tushman received an email saying that Julians mom photo shopped him out of the class picture. I feel bad for Jack because Julian and his group are rich and Jack has to act like he is too. Such as when one of his friends left his old board in the snow. Jack went to go pick it up and fix it up. His friend told him someone stole it, but Jack didn’t want to say he did because his friends would think he would be poor. In this section I felt the emotions were running high.

I think the author was trying to tell us to stand up for what is right. Even though Jack punched Julian (which was not the best way of handling it) he was standing up for August. Through the communication I found that Julian’s mom does not think that August got into the school using the same tests all the other kids do. I think that she is wrong because he is a ver intelligent boy.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar