War and Conflict

3

Posted by debbiestephens | Posted in Long Walk to Water | Posted on September 28, 2015

After reading the articles in our recent Junior Scholastic and as we begin our new novel, we are taking time to explore these three questions:

Why is there war in the world?

What reasons do you think lead to war?

What could possibly prevent or stop war?

Comments (3)

I think there is war in the world over resources, land, government, and much more. I think disagreements, fighting, and actions made can lead to war. We could possibly prevent war if everyone listened to each others ideas and if the government could make country votes.

I agree. There is conflict in the world because people always want the best for themselves. We are a selfish and prejudice species. Anyone who is different is discrimanated. Take WWII for instance. Actually, I feel that there is no way to completely rule out violence and war. We are all flawed, and really, you can only prevent war if we were all perfect.

The war must be happening because some people think that the government is unfair and is plagued with injustice. The reasons of the war happening might be because the rebels aren’t satisfied with their living and they feel they aren’t treated impartially by the government. The way the war could possibly be prevented is if that the government gives the rebels what they want to live or if the government uses excessive force that could destroy the rebels or make them surrender.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar